Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Scout Camp

I took the younger son to Scout Camp the other week for a 'Lads and Dads' weekend. For something I wasn't particularly looking forward to it turned out to be quite a good laugh - mainly due to staying up late on the Friday night drinking with the other Dads until 3am.
{l to r: Paul, Clem, Dave, Alan (Scout Leader), Andrew, Paul (obscured)}



It was good to get to talk to the others as I don't really know them that well - they were a good bunch of lads.
I've got a lot of admiration for Alan, the leader, and Helen, his wife. They put in a lot of time voluntarily and put up with cheeky young kids who probably don't really appreciate what they do.










Above: Clem finds something funny



Left: Christy (younger son) tries his skills with an air rifle.





We had to leave midway through Saturday afternoon as Christy was going to see Muse in Manchester. I thought that was a good option before the weekend, especially as it was cold, wet and windy, but I would actually like to have stayed all the time. Not sure I could have taken another 3am boozy session though! The lads tried shooting and archery as well as a bit of walking and plenty of running round screaming their heads off. I'm sure I'll be back. It was at Great Tower in the Lakes, near Newby Bridge.

No comments: