Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Technophobia

I'm just getting to grips with this techy computer stuff like blogs and podcasts and RSS. When I say 'getting to grips with' I really mean 'experimenting with and failing to understand'.

Don't get me wrong, I can find my way around a computer and even cope with most of the problems it throws at me (Control-Alt-Delete seems to work well for me) but some things I just can't grasp such as having RSS feeds. Maybe it's my lack of patience or maybe it's my age but I do get lost rather easily, hence the basic look of this page.

I'm impressed with the ability to listen to BBC radio shows from the past seven days via the internet and BBC Radio Player but I wish I could put them on my iRiver MP3 player. I know there are some programmes you can do that with but they are spoken word and there are not many of them.

Give me time and there may be some improvement.

No comments: