Thursday, April 10, 2008

Les Miserables

Musicals are not my cup of tea at all - especially ones that are sung all the way through - but I went to an amateur production of Les Miserables tonight as my younger son was playing Gavroche. I have to say that the cast were universally excellent. The guy playing M. Thenardier appeared to have based him on Mick Jagger, which was an interesting conceit! Oh well, if Johnny Depp can do Keef let's give Mick a chance. It's always an interesting experience when one of your kids surprises you with something you didn't know they could do. It's always nicer if it's a pleasant experience and tonight I found that Son No 2 has a talent for singing and acting. He was very good and I have told him so. Tomorrow night is Son No 1's turn as his band, Vox Population, has a gig at DV8 in Preston. I shall be there with a few mates, raising the average age of the crowd by a good thirty years no doubt. Good excuse for a night out too.

No comments: