Sunday, May 29, 2005

Good Luck to PNE

I live in Preston. I'm not from there but I moved from St Helens when I got married. PNE are in the play-off final tomorrow against West Ham Utd, who are the favourites to take the final place in the Premiership. I'd love to see North End defy the critics and beat them to it though. I'm not as big a fan of football as I am of Rugby League but I would love to see my adopted town represented in the top division. It would also give me the chance to see Everton playing here. I used to combine watching Everton on a Saturday and Saints on a Sunday but as my commitments increased my disposable income decreased and I gave up the football.

If they do get promotion there would be eight North West teams in the Premiership - all within a radius of, what, 30 - 40 miles? To sustain the support of that many teams shows the appetite there is for sport of any kind in the region.

Good luck to the Lilywhites.

No comments: