Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Excuse

I just don't seem to have got the hang of this blog thing - I go at it like a bull at a gate at times yet leave it months without putting anything new up. Oh well.

My excuse for my latest period of inactivity is that my Dad died of leukaemia about 6 weeks ago. As is always the case I'm sure, there were so many things I wish I had done or said while he was still alive but at least I got the chance to tell him I loved him before he died.

Tony introduced me to St Helens RLFC when I was still a nipper and up until this season we went to the games together, along with my two boys. I miss talking about the game with him and I suppose I will do for the rest of my life. I wish he could have seen them lift the Challenge Cup a couple of weeks ago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about that.

The first time I took my two daughters to Headingley (just after the cc final in '99 ) I sat there in the north stand with them and blubbed like a baby while remembering how my dad used to take me.