Thursday, September 21, 2006

More Radio 2

I'm on a roll now ... Stuart Maconie, standing in for Ken Bruce played Wishing (If I Had a Photograph of You) by A Flock of Seagulls.

Quite a rare occurrence I imagine but slap me sideways only a couple of hours later on the Jeremy Vine Show, not only did the group feature again but with the same song. Is there a secret 'crap '80s groups' playlist we are not privy to? I await with earplugs the impending playing of The Fixx, Modern English, Swans Way and Kissing The Pink.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a theory that they have this big record library in the basement and they can't be arsed running up and down the stairs to fetch new records - so when someone has finished their show, the next presenter pops into the studio and nicks all of the records that they have just played saying "I'll take them back for you, theres no fines to pay is there ?"

I think thats how it works anyway.